Trust A Knowledgeable, Skilled Attorney
Family law cases can be tremendously complex and emotional. Having an advocate in your corner is crucial. I understand the complex legal matters you are facing and can help you find a solution. My goal is to help clients throughout Colorado move forward and feel comfortable about the choices they make that affect their futures.
Finding Tailored Solutions For Your Family
While many attorneys have specific specialties, I have experience in all areas of family law. Whether it’s a pre-decree matter, post-decree matter, child custody situation or divorce, I can handle your case no matter where it takes you. I have helped individuals work through the following family law concerns:
- Divorce: I will work with you throughout the divorce process, making sure you have the information you need as you face difficult choices.
- Child custody and parenting time: Finding a workable parenting time plan can help both parents be actively involved in the lives of their children.
- Spousal support: Whether seeking support or objecting to a support award, I can help you find answers for your situation.
- Asset division: I focus on finding common ground in disputes regarding the division of assets and debts in a divorce.
- Other concerns that will affect your life going forward: This can include revisiting previous custody or support agreements due to a change in circumstances.
For example, one of the biggest concerns is determining what happens to a couple’s assets when they split. As an equitable distribution state, the court will divide your estate based on what it thinks is fair – not necessarily down the middle. Having an attorney who can fight for what is rightfully yours is important.
Determining property separation can be extremely difficult. There are many laws in place, and they often overlap. I can examine your unique situation and determine what steps we should take. For example, 401(k) accounts may be considered separate property but Social Security benefits might not be. It can be very confusing and hard to navigate on your own. Whether you are deciding who gets the family home or trying to arrange a parenting schedule, I am here to help.
Don’t Wait – Call My Office Today
I take the time to listen to your concerns and goals. We then work together to find a plan that will work for you. To schedule an initial consultation, call my office in Grand Junction at 970-716-8362 today. You can also fill out my online contact form, and I will be in touch with you shortly.